What does magic want?
When Vasai Singh resurrected drowned Mumbai and raised it into the clouds, the world reacted with awe and wonder – and no small amount of fear. As with the climate crisis believed to have caused the Cascade, resurgent magic proved lucky for some, a disaster for many others, and a source of hope and dread for everyone else.
A generation has passed since the Cascade transformed the world, smashing the tectonic plates of the political landscape and infesting the wilderness with demons and shriekgrass.
In Ottawa, a scandal-plagued government clings to power, kept afloat by the manipulations of its precognitive political rainman, Ian Mallory. But when his predictions signal only catastrophe ahead, the magic-loathing photojournalist Tobias Fletcher, land rights activist Jonah Augustine, his ex-wife, climate scientist Blythe Augustine, and emoji-spell wielding intern Sujay Krishnamurthy must overcome ideology and bureaucracy to save a future from a present whose agenda spells only doom.
Kickstarter campaign for Rachel A. Rosen’s brilliant debut novel, Cascade is now up and running!
What that means for you, is that you have the opportunity to:
- Become a patron of the arts, like the Medicis of old;
- Pre-order a book that is sure to delight and disturb you in the format of your choice, including;
- A signed, limited edition hard-cover volume, autographed by Rachel A. Rosen;
- One of a limited number of autographed paperback copies; and
- Ebooks in the format of your choice and DRM-free! And
- Lots of special extras as well!